Date of Birth: 13th November 1962
Degrees obtained with dates
BSc (Agriculture, University of Ibadan, Nigeria, 1987)
MSc (Agric Biochem and Nutrition (University of Ibadan, Nig., 1990)
PhD (Animal Science, University of Ibadan, Nigeria, 1997)
FJSTA (Fellow, Japan Science and Technology Agency Post doctoral Fellowship, 2001-2003
Collaborative Scientist: International Livestock Res. Institute (ILRI), Ibadan
Room 309, Department of Animal Science
University of Ibadan, Nigeria
E-mail: email@example.com (alternate)
Phone: +234 (0) 805-800-98-72 (Mobile)
- Member, Nigerian Institute of Animal Science (NIAS)
- Member, Nigerian Society of Animal Production (NSAP)
- Member, Animal Science Association of Nigeria. (ASAN)
- Member, World Rabbit Science Association –Sub Sahara branch (WRSA)
- Reviewer, Tropical Journal of Animal Science
- Reviewer, African Journal of Livestock Extension (2008-
- Reviewer, Journal of Nigerian Society of Animal Production
- Reviewer, African Journal of Biomedical Research (AJBR)
- Reviewer, Moor Journal of Agricultural Research (MJAR)
- Reviewer, Agrosearch, A journal of Agriculture, Food and Development (2008-
- Reviewer, International Journal of Biological and Chemical Sciences (IJBCS) (2009- RESEARCH INTEREST Biotechnological improvement of feed resources, Comparative monogastric nutrition (Rabbit and poultry). Isolation, purification and characterization of microbial enzymes in the improvement of feed. Roots and tubers, co-products and by-products utilization in livestock feeding systems.
- Tewe, O.O., E.F. Ojeniyi and O. A. Abu (2003). Sweet potato production, marketing and utilization in Nigeria. A monograph report commissioned and published by the International Potato Centre (CIP), Lima Peru. 54 pp.
- Tewe O.O., E.A. Iyayi, J.A. Oluyemi, M. K. Adewumi and O.A. Abu (1999). (Eds). Animal Science at the University of Ibadan: The Way Forward. (ISBN 978-2546-08-9)
- O. J, Babayemi, O.A. Abu, O.A. Sokunbi and O.O. Ogunsola (2003). Principles of Animal Production, Ibadan Distance Learning Centre Series, Published by Distance Learning Centre, University of Ibadan, ISBN 978-021-149-7. Selected Articles in Learned Journals
- Abu, O.A., D. M. Lösel, O.O. Tewe and A. A. Onifade (2000). Changes in lipid, fatty acids and protein composition of sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas) after solid-state fungal fermentation. Journal of Bioresource Technology 72: 189-192.
- Iyayi, E. A., O.A. Abu and K. D. Afolabi (2002). Changes in the protein and fibre components of cassava and yam peels after solid-state fermentation by Aspergillus niger and Rhizopus sp. Research Communications in microbiology. 1 (1): 32-39.
- Abu, O. A., Nirasawa, S., Kitaoka, M. and Hayashi, K. (2008). Effects of chelators and metal ions on purified leucine-specific Aminopeptidase from Aeromonas caviae T-58. Trop. J. Animal Science, Vol. 10 (1-2): 31-35
- Abu, O. A. and D. A. Tanimowo (2012). Effect of β-mannanase supplementation and feed presentation on carcass characteristics an macro-mineral digestibility of growing rabbits fed palm kernel based diets. Nigerian Journal of Animal Production. Vol 39 (2) 83-89.
Selected Conferences/Workshops attended
- The 9th Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS) International Symposium titled Value-Addition to Agricultural Products- Towards increase of farmers’ income and vitalization of rural economy, Epochal Tsukuba, Japan October 16-17, 2002.
- The 25th Annual Conference of the Molecular Biology Society of Japan, Yokohama, Japan, 11th -14th December 2002.
- The 29th Annual conference of the Nigerian Society for Animal Production (NSAP) 21st – 25th March 2004, Usman Dan Foodio University, Sokoto, Nigeria.
- Participation in the use of Participatory Rapid Appraisal method in the assessment of the constraints and opportunities in poultry and feed mill operations in the South Western Nigeria, a USAID project organized by the West African Regional Programme of the International Livestock Research Institute, 7th June – 24th July 2004.
- Stakeholders’ Workshop on “Biotechnological application opportunities in poultry and feed mill operations in Nigeria organized by the West African Regional Programme of the International Livestock Research Institute, July 21-22 2004.
- Abu, O.A. (2005). 13th Annual Conference of the Ethiopian Society of Animal Production (ESAP) held 25-27th August 2005 at the Head Quarters of the Ethiopian Institute of Agricultural Research (EIAR), Addis Ababa.
- The 14th Annual Conference of the Ethiopian Society of Animal Production (ESAP) scheduled for 5-7th September 2006 at the Head Quarters of the Ethiopian Institute of Agricultural Research (EIAR), Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- The 12th Annual conference of the Animal Science Association of Nigeria (ASAN) held at the Conference Centre, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Nigeria. 10-13th September 2007.
- The 33rd Annual Conference of the Nigerian Society for Animal Production held 16th -19th March 2008 at the College of Agricultural Sciences, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Yewa Campus, Ayetoro, Ogun State, Nigeria.
- The 9th Congress of the World Rabbit Science Association (WRSA), June 10- 13, 2008, Verona, Italy.
- Tewe, O. O., O. A. Abu and Olusola Ladokun (2008). Emerging Cassava Industries and Opportunities in Nigeria. A paper presented at the Senior Management Economic Mission Conference held October 19- 23 2008, Tel Aviv, Israel. 1st Sweet potato conference held at the First Bank Hall, Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria. September 16-18 2008.
- The 13th Annual conference of the Animal Science Association of Nigeria (ASAN) themed “Repositioning Animal Agriculture for the realization of vision 2020” held at Mamman Kontagora Convocation Square, Ahmadu Bello University held from 15-19th September 2008.
- University of Ibadan MacArthur Foundation Grant ICT-Related Training Programme 23rd– 27th February 2009 held at the University of Ibadan. Courses: Presentation techniques, Optimizing internet access and use, Database management, Document Management and Ergonomic, Health and Security Issues in Computing.
- The 37th Annual Conference of the Animal Nigerian Society for Animal Production (NSAP) University of Agriculture, Makurdi, Benue State 18th – 21st March, 2012.
- Training and orientation for new UI staff conducted by the University of Ibadan Centre for Sustainable Development (CESDEV) in collaboration with Centre for Social Orientation (CenSo) April 10-13, 2012 held at the First Bank Building, Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria.
- Training on Microtracer technology and its application in the feed industry. A training workshop organised by Nigerian Institute for Animal Science (NIAS) 17 and 18th October, 2012. Venue; Department of Animal Science, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria.
Hobbies: Travelling, reading, hiking, swimming and gardening.
Professor O.O. Tewe
Department of Animal Science
University of Ibadan, Nigeria
Dr. Kefelegn Kebede
Department of Animal, Rangeland and Wildlife Sciences
P.O. BOX 231
Dr. Kiyoshi Hayashi
Biological Function Division
National Food Research Institute (NFRI)
2-1-12 Kannondai, Tsukuba